Search This Blog

Sunday 13 March 2011

My Double Page spread



I copied the masthead format from the front cover and used the red, white and black colour scheme. I used the bold red stripe at the top and the black stripe underneath. I also used a scaled down image, repeated from the front cover to emphasise continuity.

I used an image of the main figure with only half of his face showing which works well as it reflects the title. It puts across the idea that he is shy and backs up the whole article.

I wanted the text to run around the figure as it looks professional and this seems to be a convention in magazines.

I chose red to make the pull quotes stand out and also included a link to a download.

Considered doing a question and answer layout for my article because I wanted it to be an interview but after reading articles in other music magazines, I realised that most interviews were reported by the interviewer and I preffered this style. I tried to chose language appropriate to my audience and keep the speech as realistic as possible. I credited the photographer and interviewer at the top of the article as this gives it more credibility.



No comments:

Post a Comment