Search This Blog

Saturday 19 March 2011

My contents page finished


I am continuing the house trend by echoing the masthead layout used on the front cover. I also echoed the masthead itself but in a much smaller proportion. I also liked the musical note used on the front cover so I thought it would be good to double them on the contents page.

I believe that the 'bleed' on the right side of the page where the star goes over the printing edges as defined by the rest of the page looks better than if it was brought in, it seems to bring the page together, it also pulls the eye to the edge of the page and makes the reader want to turn the page and read on.

I also believe that this would not be a problem because it does not lie on the path of the 'Z' pattern that the eye follows on the page.

I used all articles mentioned on cover page and three images relevant to articles.

My original images:
Although it was not front cover material, I believe that the first front cover image could be used somewhere in my magazine so i thought that using it on the front page was the best idea.



1 comment:

  1. This is great, Will.
    Try swapping the position of the two lower inset photos, as line-up is dull visually compared to the festival picture. That way, the star will jazz it up a bit.

    ReplyDelete