Search This Blog

Saturday 26 February 2011

Playing With PhotoShop (part 2)

I have not used photshop much before so i have spent some time experimenting with the features to see what looks best.

I believe that the image I originally took was a little dull and would not draw in the reader (it did not have the glossy, punchy effect that other magazines have). To attract attention, glossy magazines need to be bright and catch the eye. I have looked at a number of magazines and found that the main photos have had many enhancements on colour and lighting (The grass is greener, the sky is bluer!)

As seen in the background this edition of Q, the colours have been bleached from the foreground and the clouds have been layered and enhanced only to show grey.

This first image is my original cover.

This is the same image but with enhancements on lighting and saturation.
I enhanced Saturartion to 73% which brought vibrance into the image. I tested the light levels and decided to only enhance them to 10%, because if they were any higher, the picture would pixilate.

As I want my main image to look psychedelic (supporting the idea of my cover), i tried putting some of the effects to the highest levels (Saturation up to 63%, Hue up to 90%)


No comments:

Post a Comment