Search This Blog

Thursday 24 February 2011

Main pictures (re-shoot)

1

2

I think that these two pictures work in the way I want, allowing space in the right places, enough room for the masthead and other cover graphics down the sides. Although the first image is fine and would give very good space for graphics, it is not striking enough.

The second picture was taken to get a change of perspective. Although there are some features that need to be cropped out (tree branch and photographers hand), I think that this image is striking enough to be my main image.

There has also been some feedback on my photos that unfortunately might not meet the headline that i had planned ('Psychedelic icon set to headline Guildfest'), the feedback was that the figure in the picture did not look psychedelic enough or old enough to be making a comeback. This made me re-think the whole proccess and realise how important it is to think through all aspects of the cover before starting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment